26 August 2012

Bits of Summer - Easy Summer Decorating

Before this summer's over I thought I’d share a few little vignettes from around the house :) I didn’t do much seasonal decorating this year what with our big move to Orillia, but I did add a few simple summery touches here and there.

 

A quick an easy DIY, this print is just a piece of wrapping paper slipped into a GW frame. The smaller calla lily sketch is actually a greeting card (from my Mom :)


Changed out the red candles from my fall vignette (we totally skipped spring in our house :) for fresh and airy white ones. I love how they feel kind of beachy, plus they smell delish. I found the mustard flower at Walmart and it just made me smile :) Paired it with some other stuff I had on hand for a pretty summery arrangement!


This great big conch shell was too cool to pass up on a recent visit to the US. I still can't figure out where to put it, so for now it sits in this stone tray on our coffee table. I tried listening for the ocean but this one sounds more like a toilet. Still, it's pretty :)


Summery vase fillers were a Homesense clearance find, mixed in with some others from Dollarama and Walmart.


Definitely my fave piece of summer in the house! Orchids make me ridiculously happy :) I have another deep purple one that I was so in love with, and when the flowers fell off I just couldn't live without orchids in my life, so I went out and got another :)


Nothing like flowers to brighten your day :) Aren't they pretty?


Best part of summer in the new house: our little outdoor space!



1 comment:

  1. I love all the pops of bright color used in your vignettes! And I love orchids as well...they just put a smile on your face. Hope you've enjoyed your Summer!

    ReplyDelete