14 April 2012

Kids Wall Art - Craft Letters!

Today I've got a cute and simple project to share: dressing up wooden craft letters to create some fun kiddie wall art!




I visited my sweet little nieces last weekend and I wanted to make them each a little something to hang in their bedroom :) Embarrassingly enough, I bought the wooden letters for this project over 2 years ago - talk about procrastinating! I originally started painting them all by hand in bright colours and cute little patterns. These were a few of my faves:


But halfway through painting, the project got shoved in the back of my closet. Between planning my wedding and moving I totally forgot about it! I finally dug them out last week.

I didn't have the time to finish hand-painting them all, so I opted for a quick and easy alternative: spray paint and craft paper. I primed and painted all the letters in a bright hot pink, then picked out a couple of fun printed papers for each girlie :)


A more sophisticated and classic damask for the eldest, a funky zebra print for the middle sis,

and a bunch of cute and sweet patterns for the youngest :) Each one got a little sparkle too!

I just cut out the shapes from the scrapbook paper and glued them onto the letters with mod podge. We hung the letters over their beds using double-sided mounting tape. Each girl picked how she wanted to hang her name, although auntie made some helpful suggestions :) The finished product was a fun way to dress up their little spaces!

DSC02945
I think they look pretty cute, don’t you?
This is a really easy and inexpensive way to customize your own wall art - wooden craft letters are pretty easily found at craft stores or even dollar shops, and the same goes for scrapbook paper. Just one tip: look for the flat letters as opposed to the bevelled ones I used, it'll make tracing and cutting the craft paper way easier!

8 comments:

  1. Cute! I Love those wooden letters from the craft store. I like how you painted yours. If you have some time I'd love it if you'd stop by my blog to check out the giveaway I'm having for a Ramsign Home Sign!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so adorable! I love the idea of using scrapbook paper. They turned out so good. Those little girls have a very thoughtful aunt. :)

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out super cute! What a nice auntie you are. :-) I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! Please stop by when you get a moment to check it out. I hope you have a wonderful night!
    Sharla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Samaa, these are sooooo cute! I was going to letters for my grand-daughter's bedroom only making them pillows. As my sewing machine has broken, this will give me a great alternative. Plus they will be simpler and quicker. I think I will buy the beveled ones you used as I think they add to the look. I'm a new follower and would love if you'd link them to my Frugal Treasures Tuesday party going on now. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Samaa! I am nominating you for the Versatile Blogger Award. You can come to my blog to read about it. http://www.beneaththemagnolias.com/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award.html
    I see from a comment you are being nominated by another blog as well. Congrats! (You don't have to follow thru with the instructions twice.) :)

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great! I really like the F with the pink hearts! Super Cute. Also thanks for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award. For some reason I couldn't comment on that particualr post. You are the sweetest!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the letters you share looking great. Really nice stuff.
    ___________________________________________
    Custom Wall Stickers

    ReplyDelete